Nelson Family Counseling offers a variety of consulting services, primarily related to helping schools manage children and teens with emotional and behavioral problems.
I do in-service training for school staff on common childhood mental health issues, developing a behavior management system for your classroom, positive ways to help parents experiencing problems with their child, and specific techniques to reach children/teens experiencing difficulties.
I am also available to give seminars to community organizations on the following subjects:
- How to manage depression & anxiety
- How to advocate for your child with an IEP/504 plan
- Working cooperatively with a school to get your child’s needs met
- Navigating the mental health system to insure your child receives the treatment they need
- How to advocate for yourself when you are needing mental health services
- Managing Bipolar Disorder
- How to support a loved one struggling with mental health concerns